EFFECTIVE DATE : 15th July 2021
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information about You in the following ways:
- when You subscribe to our services, newsletter or fill out a form;
- when You use some specific features;
- when You submit a query or request to us.
In some cases we may be required by law to collect certain types of personal information about You. Where we collect personal information from You, we will generally do so ourselves. However, in some cases we may collect personal information from a third party, such as through our representatives, contractors who provide services to us, or third parties who refer You to us because they think You may be interested in our products or services.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about You may include:
- identifying information, such as Your name;
- contact and login information, such as Your e-mail address, or phone number;
- sport related information, such as Your date of birth, gender activity and location tracking;
- records of our communications with You, including any messages You send to us.
Without this information, we may not be able to provide You with our products or services (or with all of the features and functionality offered by our products or services) or to respond to queries or requests that You submit to us. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We may use Your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify Your identity when You are dealing with us;
- to determine Your eligibility for any of our products or services;
- to answer Your queries or requests;
- to enable us to provide our products and services and personalise Your experience by better responding to Your individual needs;
- to improve our website based on Your information and feedback;
- to process transactions;
- to send periodic emails for keeping You informed of our activities, such as information and updates, occasional news, updates, related product or service information;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (including but not limited to verifying Your identity and obtain additional information when appropriate);
- to manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints or issues; and
- to carry out planning and forecasting activities and other internal processes.
We may from time to time use Your personal information in order to send You marketing materials about products or services that we think You may be interested in (including in some cases products and services that are provided by a third party). We may not use Your personal information unless we have received Your consent. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on our e-mails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use Your following personal information for the purpose of direct marketing:
- identifying information, such as Your name;
- contact information, such as Your e-mail address or phone number;
- products and services portfolio information and demographic data held by us from time to time.
We may use Your personal information to market products and/or services to You, in each case subject to our legal and regulatory obligations.
If we use Your personal information in any direct marketing communications, You have the right to request that we provide You with the source of that personal information. There is no fee for requesting this information. We will provide You with the source of the personal information, unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so.
Please indicate Your consent to receiving information relating to the above by contacting us at email@example.com.
We may also use and disclose Your information for other purposes in accordance with Your requests or instructions.
HOW DO WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of Your personal information when You enter, submit, or access Your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All personal information provided to us is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database, which can only be accessed by those with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We also take steps to monitor access to and modification of Your information by our contractors, advisers, consultants and staff members, and ensure that they are aware of and properly trained in their obligations for managing Your privacy. We generally store the personal information that we collect in electronic databases, some of which may be held on our behalf by third party data storage providers. Sometimes we also keep hard copy records of this personal information in physical storage facilities.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
We do not sell or trade Your personally identifiable information to any third parties. We may share personal information about You with:
- Your representatives, advisers and others You have authorized to interact with us on Your behalf;
- our staff, contractors, advisers and consultants who need the information to discharge their duties;
- related entities within our company;
- our business partners;
- our agents and service providers that assist us in operating our website, providing products and services to You, or otherwise conducting our business;
- other parties for marketing, advertising and other uses;
- prospective purchasers of all or part of our entity or shares in a related entity;
- professional advisers who we engage to provide advice on our business;
- and government authorities who ask us to disclose that information, or to other people as required by law.
In some cases the people to whom we disclose Your personal information may be located overseas. Further, we may have servers located overseas. There may not be in place data protection laws which are substantially similar to, or serve the same purposes as the applicable data privacy laws in EU. This means Your personal information may not be protected to the same or similar level in EU.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
If You want to access any of the personal information that we hold about You or to correct some aspects of it (e.g. because You think that it is incomplete or incorrect), please contact us using the contact details set out below. To protect the integrity and security of the information we hold, we may ask that You follow a defined access procedure, which may include steps to verify Your identity. In certain cases we may charge You an administration fee for providing You with access to the information You have asked for, but we will inform You of this before proceeding. There may be cases where we are unable to provide the information You request, such as where it would interfere with the privacy of others or result in a breach of confidentiality. In these cases we will let You know why we cannot comply with Your request.
Even if You do not request access to and/or correct Your personal information held by us, if we are satisfied that, having regard to the reasons for which we hold Your personal information, that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, we may take reasonable steps to correct that information.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links to third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Further, we do not verify their content. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
By using our site, providing personal information and/or using any of our products or services, You agree that:
We may make changes to this policy from time to time, to take into account changes to our standard practices and procedures or where necessary to comply with new laws and regulations. The latest version of this policy will be available at https://www.olympia.io
We try to meet the highest standards in order to protect Your privacy. However, if You are concerned about the way in which we are managing Your personal information and think we may have breached any applicable privacy laws, or any other relevant obligation, please contact us using the contact details set out below. We will make a record of Your complaint and refer it to our internal complaint resolution committee for further investigation. We will deal with the matter as soon as we can, and keep You informed of the progress of our investigation.
If You want any further information from us on privacy matters, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org